Saturday, January 28, 2012

Birthday Party Decor

**I am doing two different birthday posts.

Miss Mak's birthday party was this past weekend.  Whew- I can breathe!  That was a doozy!!!!!!!  Now who do I blame for all this madnesss?...Me.  I realize I brought it on myself, but I honestly couldn't help it.  Once Makenna decided on a cowgirl party, (yes, two weeks ago) I went with it!  I got all excited, totally immersed my time in blogs, pinterest, google, etsy, fb ideas, yada-yada.  Over the top!  Way over the top actually.  But man- I loved it, and I had a ton of fun planning!!  The kids enjoyed themselves, the parentals too.  It was truly awesome. 

The decor was really fun.  If you are looking to do a party such as this, take my advice and stay off the internet. :)  It will SWALLOW. YOU. WHOLE!  No joke.  And it'll swallow your wallet too. 

I set up the front table with the cupcakes/cake.  I also hung twine with birthday pictures of her from each year at Texas Roadhouse.  It just so happens that we go there to sit on top of the saddle!!  What a PERFECT touch for a cowgirl birthday party.  That was all my idea, folks.  (I'll gladly take credit for nothing else but this. :)

A cowgirl book, the cutest set of cowgirl candles atop the cake, handmade labels/stands designed by your one and only, and a 'M' I spray painted.  Yep- there's bling in the corners.  Why wouldn't there be?



The bar was where I set the food and such.  I borrowed some cowboy boots and put wild flowers in them as part of the centerpiece, which was one of my favorite ideas.  Thank you pinterest. I used a lantern, the wooden star, and cowhide fabric for additional touches.  The tied bandanas were from a blogger- way cute.
The haystacks were fun.  Rice Krispy Treats stacked like hay bales.  The little horsies were from etsy. 
I dipped pretzel sticks in green food colored white chocolate to make Cactus Pretzels.  "They" had suggested that I then dip them in coconut flakes, but I can't STAND coconut.  Ewww.  The effect would have been more real, but there was no way I was going to do it!

Home on the Ranch was cute too.  Home, home on the ranch.  Where the deer and the antelope...(help!  what would rhyme with ranch?)
Over to the side, I placed the "Watering Hole".  Pink Lemonade in mason jars, root beer, and water bottles.  The brown and white striped paper straws were a hit with the kids!  They had a rootin' tootin time with those!  I had also made homemade ice cream.  (Overboard.)  Pretty sure the adults enjoyed the root beer floats more than anything else.  Do you blame 'em?

My Aunt and Uncle's home was the perrrrrrrrrfect place to hold this shin-dig.  It has a natural farm-type feel anyway.  I ordered the banner off of Etsy and I loved it.  It also came with the cute little horses on toothpicks and the other cute sign. It's like the saddle was put there just for us!  We're so rustic...  ;)

We set up the sun room for the grub.  I used a large horse as the centerpiece for that table, along with Woody and Jessie.  Can I get a 'Yee-haw!?'  Each child also had a place mat which appeared to be like an old wagon trail map.  X marks the spot. 

The goodie bags were maybe my favorite part?!  I had lots of favorites.  The kids each took home a straw hat, a bandana, and a funny mask.  They were also sent a knap sack of goodies.  I used some cowboy material, and then tied them with leather.  Inside was a plastic horse, a sticker, a notepad, trail mix (Get it?...Happy Trails!) and a CD that had Makenna's favorite tunes on it.  Miss Mak's Music Mix, Volume V.  I can be clever every once in a while.
This party will go down in the books, that's for sure! Not sure if I'll do it again next year, but for now- it was worth every penny and every dime.



2 comments:

Darci said...

Love the party! We did one similar for Nolan a couple of years ago. I also love that you are back to your blogging ways!
Love your secret blog stalker-Darci

zerry ht said...

Nice arrangements! I must share this post with my sister, as it is her daughter’s birthday next month. I have shortlisted nice event venues Chicago already for the day. She is going to love this idea a lot. I simply loved the decoration and arrangements.