Monday, February 13, 2012

The Only Snow

This winter has been insane.  50's and 60's throughout the entire season!  We haven't really even worn our winter coats, just a few jackets and such.  And sweet Mak, poor thing, has really been wanting it to snow.  She's been asking, "Will God decide if we get snow?"  :)

And yes, finally.  Makenna came down the stairs yelling, "Dad!  Dad!!  Can you believe how many snows are out there?!"  She was beyond excited and couldn't wait to get out there to play.
This whole scenario is fairly ironic.  I'm not much of a winter person.  I'd rather have the winter we're having every year!  Less mess, less dress, etc. In the past few years, it's been hard to take two toddlers/babies out in the snow and play.  It's just not really feasible for a "single mom" (b/c Ben's at work) to do, especially when it takes longer to get them ready than they're actually OUT there!  And then they're cold, and screaming, and wet.  Ugh.  But anyway, my friends have given me enough grief about it that I actually bought FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, snow suits, snow boots, a sled, you name it.  These things had been waiting in the garage to be used since probably November.  I almost didn't get to use them!!  Serves me right. :)

Our hill in the back is the perfect sledding hill. I mean, really- it is.  They had a ball...and so do I!
They made a snowman.  He needed a few special touches as you can see.  Good thing I had a Cornelius hat lying around.  It was perfect!
The snow was basically melted by that afternoon.  And that was it.  The "Big Winter Storm of 2012!"

No comments: