Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mak's room gets a do-over.

With Bennett getting a new bed, bedding, uplift if you will, I was feeling bad about Makenna's bedroom.  We've had the same stuff in there since before she was born.  While looking for bedding etc for B, I found some super cute things I could make work for Miss Mak. 

These pictures are from way back when.  She was 26 months when we changed her room into a big girl room.  It hasn't looked just like this for some time, but we'll go with the general idea.
I had this really cute "M" that I had spray painted for her birthday party.  That was my starting point.  I loved the color of it, and I knew I could easily incorporate that color into her green and brown.  Target- yes, please!  All I really wanted to do was swap out the red for pink. 

I worked on and off for about a week getting everything I wanted/needed.  Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Jo Ann's...good thing they're close!  I found the perfect bedspread that matched the "M".  Check!  I found a few wall hangings too.  Curtains, a little mirror, a new lamp.  Done.  I repainted her letters, her toybox, switched out a few tubs, frames, and even rematted the picture of her as a newborn. 
I am really happy with the end result.  It fits her personality and it's much more fitting for a big five year old!

No comments: