Saturday, May 21, 2011

DSOD Dance Recital 2011

It was amazing- just like last year!  I cannot describe to you my feelings when it's recital time for Makenna.  My heart is simply happy.  I try to stay somewhat cool, calm, and collected but let me tell you- I'm SCREAMING with excitement inside!  Luckily for all my friends and family, I try and keep it all at a decent level. :) 

Basically, there are three main reasons (among tons of tiny other ones) that I love dance recitals.
1.  It's so girly.  I mean, c'mon- what mommy doesn't love tutu's, tights, and big bows?
2.  I danced at this same studio growing up, from the ages of 5 through 18.  It was literally my life.  I was an assistant for three years as well, which only adds to the dancing madness. I was usually there 2-3 nights a week while in high school.
3.  Diane Henderson.  I tear up when I think of this woman and how very special she is to me in my life.  There are thousands of woman in the Northland of KC who also have this special gratitude in their hearts, but somehow she makes each one of us feel like it's only you.  God Bless YOU, Diane- and God Bless America!

And before we get started on the photo montage of Sweet Mak, I thought I'd scan in another few pictures of me.  Funny enough- when I was six, I did the exact same tap dance she did. Chantilly Lace by the Big Bopper.  That's pretty cool in my book.
Sa-weet costumes, might I add.  Really love how my mom put me in tights where you can see the hip hugger part!

Here's to so many more dancing memories with Diane!
If you ask her what her favorite part about the recital was, she'll say standing next to Dora!  She even got to hold her hand and dance!  And THEN- Dora WAVED at her!!!

Grandma Marsha and Grandpa Mike came to watch the rehearsal. 
Mrs. Diane Henderson.
 Grandma Irene and Grandpa Boyd didn't miss it either!!


No comments: