Wednesday, May 25, 2011

THE farm

Our little Makenna's growing up.  And I'm letting go.  Well- sorta.  ;)

Ben's parents invited her to go home with them after the recital for five. whole. days!  That's a long time to be away from the nest.  Especially for the mommy bird.  But she did great, and I got through it.  All is good in the world.

They went fishing, brought some new kitties back home, played with the dog Bo, helped tend the sheep, and went to a Cyclone outing in Clear Lake.

I made her a calendar so she could see how many days she had left before we saw one another. Hope that was helpful.  I also wrote little love notes for each morning.  They were from Daddy and I, Bennett, Cali, and Minnie Mouse the fish.  I was a teacher for eight years- I know how kids work.  Gimme a break.
Where'd she learn the peace sign from?!  Wow.  How hilarious.  OR- maybe she's saying ISU is #2, since Cy has the #1?!...
Thank you SO much Gma and Gpa D!!!  I had such a great time!  Love, Makenna

No comments: