Sunday, July 17, 2011

See a penny, pick it up-

All day long, you'll have good luck! So, does that mean if you swallow a nickel that you'll have good luck for say- five days?! You just never know, huh?!...especially when it comes to kiddos.

Here's the somewhat sketchy story on the nickel sitch. Makenna had been put to bed by a sitter. Maybe 30 minutes after Liz had closed her door, she came downstairs crying, wailing, balling hysterically- totally freaking out and completely scared. She explained to Liz that she had swallowed a penny. However, Liz recalls seeing a nickel on her toy box, so we're assuming at this point it's a nickel. She sends me a text, suggesting I come home. When I pull in, Makenna has calmed down and is asleep.

I have literally sifted through her poop each day since then, with none other than a fishing net. Guess I won't be using it anymore to clean out Minnie the Mouse's bowl! :) We were able to go to Ben's office and take an x-ray of Sweet Mak's insides. I told her we would take a picture of her bones and look at them on Daddy's light board. She showed me her pose and smile that she was planning on having for the picture. Priceless!!!

Here's the x-ray...and there's the nickel.  It's all quite comical, but we're really very lucky that nothing really bad happened.  It could have gone south quick, but we're thankful it didn't. 

The comments have FB have just cracked me up!  I'll share a few.
- "You gonna keep it?"
- "Have you hit the jackpot yet?"
- "That's one way to keep your money safe!"
- "I ain't sayin you a gold digger."
- "Sure hope 5 pennies don't come out instead!"

No comments: