Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sweet Sadie

And so we bid Yolanda the Honda (Yo Ho for short) farewell.  Don't think I didn't have a tear about it, 'cuz I did.  ;)

I'm happy to see her go, yet sad too.  Almost 10 years of driving her everyday of my life.  140,000 miles.  Woah, dog.  How much gas is that anyway?!

Hey!  When you've spent 10 years of your life with something so near and dear, you'll probably end up with at the very least, a few hundred memories too.

Top Ten things I want to remember-
1.We bought this car as an engaged couple.  We were about a month away from being wed and this was our fist big purchase together.  We considered it most likely to be the "family car."
2.Yo Ho helped me move out of my parents home and into the house with my new husband in Springfield MO.  We drove 30 minutes to and from work, five days a week together.  That's a lot of singing!  And Lord only knows how many weekends we actually spent in Springfield, if we weren't headed back up to KC or Iowa!
3.Yolanda helped Ben and I move back to Kansas City when he decided to head to chiropractic school.
4. Her and I drove to Liberty and back while I taught there for four years.
5. Ben and I brought home our first baby girl...I'm getting choked up just reminiscing.
6. Ben and I brought home our first baby boy too. 
7. We've turned around car seats and bought big ones too!  Lots of growing up has been done.  Even for us parentals.
8. Ben and I spent a whole lotta time inside laughing, jamming, sleeping, talking, discussing, and getting to know eachother in Yolanda.  She really was an awesome car. 
9. I loved how the kids were within reach for me to do the 'go-go-gadget arm swing-around move'.  I could touch their face if they were crying in their infant carrier and tell them they were alright.  Or reposition the bottle somehow.  You learn to be Super Mommy in the car.
10. The kids and I had many a jam sessions listening to Lady Gaga, Pink, Brittany, etc. We'd often get to where we were going and not turn the car off until the song was over!!   

And we outgrew her.  Plain and simple.  Introducing our new super sweet and sassy ride, Sadie the Acadia.  She's a 2011, slightly used, and really loves being a Dohrmann.  She fits right in. Although Lil Mak cried all the way to the dealership once she learned we were selling the Honda and buying a new car.  "I don't wanna a new car...I don't wanna a new car."  She sure loves it now though!
 I'm excited to see how we grow with her as well.  Lots of new memories to be made!

No comments: