Saturday, February 4, 2012

Disney, Disney, Disney! (part 2)

Lots of play time again in Orlando.  The kids and I went over to Downtown Disney.  We also swam at the hotel in the pool (which btw was freezing!!).  They loved it of course. Ben decided to take off after his lunch break so that we could get our first family vacation officially started! 

We still hadn't told the kids we were actually going to Disney World! I couldn't keep it inside for much longer- I seriously thought I might bust with excitement.  I had a bag full of Mickey memorabilia that I had secretly packed.  We sat the kids down in the hotel room and asked them to look inside.  Makenna wasn't really able to figure it out and Bennett could have cared less.  She was all kinds of confused, poor thing.  Looking back on it, it probably was confusing.  It felt like we had already been there, done that.

Telling the kids- I was ecstatic and their response was a total let down.  Talk about anti-climatic. :)
Taking the cab to the "new" hotel was maybe the most excitement they'd had yet!  No car seats, all stuffed in the back of a fancy town car.  It's really the small things...

The boys both needed a nap, so us girls put on our suits and headed to the amazing pool of the Coronado Springs Resort.  I'm a HUGE fan of staying on the property and doing it up right.  There is perk after perk after perk...worth the extra few bucks you spend.  Trust me.

Makenna was "saved" by the lifeguard- here's the story.
So we go to the pool.  And granted, Mak hasn't swam since the summer time, but she still knows how.  I was not being a bad mom, let me clarify.  I was sitting beside the pool, watching her.  There was a huge wrap around slide that she kept going down.  The current was really strong at the bottom, which was meant to send the kids to the side of the pool.  But for some reason, she came down the slide and acted as if she couldn't get out of the current.  I. was. watching. the. whole. thing., people!  There was a lifeguard right beside her asking her if she's okay.  She nodded yes.  Another lifeguard from the other side of the pool freaks out- blows his whistle- and jumps in!!!  I couldn't believe it. :) So there you have it.  A good old fashioned saved-by-the-lifeguard story.

We had some dinner, walked around the resort a bit more, played in the sand box, drank mommy and daddy drinks, and headed in for the night.  We had to be up and at 'em early in the morn!

No comments: