Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random


A few quick things about our babes.

Last week, my throat starting hurting and quite badly. I had a headache..you know the drill. I just thought it was the beginnings of a cold so it was completely ignored. I was 'fine.' :) However, I then found big 'ole white spots in the back of my throat. Oops...probably not fine. Especially with a 4 month old in the house. So then, Saturday morning Makenna woke up with a weird rash on her limbs. I wondered (and researched online) if strep could come with a rash? I took her to the doctor. A viral strand of strep was diagnosed. Come to find out later that day- Ben had spots on his tonsils too- Lord! So now, we three are ending our sickness with runny noses and sneezes, a few random deep/wet coughs. Thank the Lord that Bennett seems to be fine.

Bennett has really starting grabbing for things with intent and force. If we are holding the remote in our hands, he'll pull our hands closer. He loves holding onto rattles and shaking them. He's very close to rolling over and has pretty good balance when trying to sit up. He will also suck on his thumb and/or two fingers...so much so that he has little sores on his fist. He's even gotten into the habit of putting his thumb in his mouth while he nurses..of course I take it out everytime- little booger.

As for Makenna, I have a few funny things she has said lately that I thought I'd post.

She'll say, "Oh my dear, or Oh my gracious, or Oh my goodness sakes!" I love the tone she uses. :)

She's so good about including her little brother. She asks him constantly if he wants to watch such and such movie, or come sit with her, or play with play-doh, have a tea party, or help cook. It's darling. She even tells him that he's a good singer. Sweet.

A lot of the time, she'll say, "Can I come sit with you guys? (if I'm nursing him)." Or she'll say, "You wanna sit with me..there's a spot right here."

The other night, we were having pancakes for dinner. She had spilt some syrup on the table and I said "Oh honey." She said, "You mean syrup, Mom?!" :)

One of my favorites recently was when she wanted to get her piggy bank out and put money in it. I had told her that it was too high for her to reach and that I'd have to help. She said with absolute conviction, "Look at me, Mom. I'm a big girl. I can do it on my own!"

And just this morning, as I was typing this blog entry, she saw the commercial for an application that you can put on your phone to track Mickey Mouse. Maybe you know what I'm talking about. This is what she said-

"I wanna go see Mickey Mouse. Can we go see him, or...yes?! I saw him on tv-- do you have a magic phone? We can see him!?"

No comments: