Thursday, June 23, 2011

KC Zoo

I'm not sure we went last summer- I don't remember.  Bennett would have been awful small and that heat can just be horrifying, so I doubt it.  But mark it down.  We went today and it was beeeeee-autiful!  Oh, there was a breeze, there were a few clouds, and I bet it was 75.  Just gorgeous.  Our Auntie Brooks came along for the ride and enjoyed the scenery too. We had a really great morning.

I've never noticed this old truck before.
 Baa baa.  Had to take a picture by the sheep for our ancestors in Iowa. :)
 Jenny (Brooks) Widman, aka Auntie Brooks was a sorority sister of mine.  She holds a special place in our family's hearts.
 The kangaroos are free to roam, if you will.  This guy was not even five feet in front of us!
 We loved seeing all the lions, and tigers, and bears- oh my!  The elephants too. :)  And the polar bear was doing tricks right in front of Makenna.  Man- he was SOO cool!  She said, "Mommy- I touched his PAW!"

No comments: