Monday, August 8, 2011

The Cabo Wabo Wedding

Ben and I enjoyed our first "vacation" together since I became pregnant with Bennett, 2.5 years ago.  And with Ben starting a new business and me either being prego or nursing, leaving the kids for that long has been out of the question!  But we had an awesome excuse and couldn't not go!! 

We've been to several locations in Mexico and gone the all-inclusive route for all of those.  This time however, the resort was not all-inclusive.  We weren't sure on the details, but it really worked out fine.  We figured out we probably spent about the same had we done an all-inclusive.  That gave us peace of mind.  As well, we'd never been to Cabo San Lucas!  Talk about pumped!

For a week prior to leaving, I worked very hard at getting things ready to go.  It's like being a teacher, being gone from your classroom for an entire week, and doing lesson plans for the sub!  And not only that, but then also getting our home and ourselves ready too!  Whew- I was a busy bee, but thank God I'm organized.

The kids were with a sitter for the first four nights.  She took 'em to school, to the pool, to lunch, etc.!  Sara and Keith rocked it. :)  The kids really loved them.  Here are a few pictures from Wonderscope.






My parents took over duties for the next four nights.  They went to AirZone, the KC Zoo, Zona Rosa, out to eat...the list goes on and on!  I know they had a really great time without us!!

As for a little recap on our trip- I'll try and keep it simple.  It's vacation- in Mexico.  You really don't do much. :)  And that's the way we like it!  Our resort was nice.  Our room was amazing...the nicest one we've ever had in Mexico.  The beach was so-so...the water also so-so.  The company was top notch!  Drinks and food- muy bueno.  Deliciouso!  Perfecto!

We did the whole sunset cruise thing.  We also rode a water taxi over to Lover's Beach.  We toured around the marina and back side streets of Cabo.  We layed at the pool, sat in the sand, and made new friends.  The wedding was gorgeous and soo fun! 

I tried to narrow down my faves to only ten.  Instead, it's a Lucky 13!  Aren't you lucky!?

Eric and Karry, the bride and groom.  I became friends with Karry when we taught together in Liberty.
The sunset cruise with the famous rock formation behind us. Happy 9 year anniversary to us!
 Bachelorette party time!  Later that night, I danced with an 82 year old man who turned out to be the founder of Ticketmaster!  Boy- do I sure know how to pick 'em!
 Ben and I had tacos at Pepe's, which is off the beaten path.  Ummmmm. Then we had cocktails with the rest of the wedding party.
 In love on Lover's Beach.
 Karry and Eric are on the left.  My other girlfriend Maggie and her fiance Johnny are in the middle.
 "I now pronounce you husband and wife.  Eric- you may kiss the bride."
Ready to get our dance on.  Ben even broke out the Roger Rabbit on stage for all to enjoy!
 The six of us once more.  A great day at the beach!
The view from our room.  Simply heaven. 

No comments: