Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve, 2011.  Makenna- almost 5.  Bennett-2.

Quote of the night from Makenna- "Mommy, how old will Jesus be tomorrow?!"
We enjoyed a 5:00 church service at Platte Woods. The kids were wonderful during the service. Bennett was a dream. We are SO lucky. They wrote little notes, played with our phones, and stood on the pews while we sang. They even participated in communion. We sang Holy Night and lit the candles to end the service.  If that doesn't get you, not sure what will.  Last year Bennett and Daddy were in the back by then- it was nice to do it together as a family. I SOO wish I could take pictures... I'll just have use the 'ole trusty filing system in my head.
I'm thinking grey and black were the colors of 2011.  :)  It was totally NOT planned!
And so this year brings new traditions!  A really big one for me... We have gone over to my grandma's house since forever.  I don't remember ever not going over there.  But this year she gave the reigns to her daughter, my Aunt Vicki.  I enjoyed it- it was in a much larger space, it was less chaotic, yet still inviting.  Here's to my children's memories of Christmas being at Vicki and Kurt's.

A beautiful big horse-just her size!
A pink sparkley unicorn...just what she asked for!
The tee ball set was a "hit!" We may be in trouble.
After we had dinner and opened presents, we came back home to set out the cookies and milk for Santa Clause.  She made sure to give Santa back his bell from his sleigh and leave some grapes and water for Rudolph. (We were fresh out of carrots!)  We even put the reindeer food out on the front lawn.  And then to bed. to bed I said. 

No comments: