Thursday, December 1, 2011

Celebrate Me Home

Who doesn't LOVE that song by Kenny Loggins?!?  Oh man- one of my favorites in December.

I'm usually somewhat of a Grinch, you could even say Scrooge.  I like Christmas and all that it stands for, symbolizes, yada yada.  However- we have NO ROOM IN OUR HOUSE for decorations.  It used to be that I'd put up a tree and a few stockings and call it good.  I'd get all sorts of razz about it from my friends, but it never really bothered me. :) And here's the bottom line- I can't stand clutter.  I can't stand clutter.  I can't stand clutter. My other excuses were as follows: We had a toddler, then we had too many toys everywhere for that toddler, then we had another baby, then we had another toddler.  Not to mention, Ben was in school and we were surviving on loan money!  Not too much left over for decor in our budget.  So anyway, I have run out of excuses this year and decorated.  My girlfriends are so proud of me!!

And in all honesty, it isn't much.  But it's most definitely more than my usual.
PS.  The Christmas photo album tree by the fireplace is completely full now.  It looks wonderful! We have so many good looking friends!
I bought almost all of the family room things at Pier One.  That reindeer pillow is darling- it's all blinged out and so cute.  The things for the tree I bought mostly at Hobby Lobby, the tree skirt included.

This picture is adorable too.  20 bucks at Marshalls.  It's in the bathroom.
I bought a few other things here and there.  Overall, I was quite proud of myself for feeling all festive- especially before December 1st!! :) 
Here's our Christmas card too, btw.  Tracy's pretty amazing.
May wonderful moments and happy memories surround
you with joy this season.

No comments: